What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is focused on providing results that are relevant to a searcher based on their current location. More and more often, this will be a mobile search.
Why Do We Need Local SEO?
Local SEO has grown significantly over the last few years, particularly given the rise of smartphone usage and better connectivity while out and about. More and more searchers (especially on mobile devices) are looking for local businesses and local SEO can help your business be more visible in the SERPs.
Mike Ramsey, local search guru, expressed that 75% of ranking local listings also rank organically on the first page. The two are directly connected — a change that you make to your site can have a huge influence on where you rank locally.
- Google has indicated that 95% of mobile users look up local information on their phones and the primary functions are calling or visiting a business.
- Google has also recently stated that one in three US mobile queries is now ‘local’ and 87% of people use their phone when on the go.
- 70% of mobile searchers will call a business DIRECTLY from a search results page, without needing to visit a website.
[Source: Search Engine Watch]
What Types of Business are Eligible for Local Search?
- To start with, you need to be willing to make your business address visible on the web. Worried about people randomly showing up at your home office? Don’t worry, it’s highly unlikely.
- Brick & mortar businesses, whether one location or multiple locations.
- Service area business, whether one location or multiple locations (think plumber – they come to you).
- Multi-practitioner business.
- Home based business.
- On page SEO.
- Local content (on and offsite).
- Ensuring your site is responsive / mobile friendly.
- Profiles in local directories such as Yelp.
- Social Media.
Reach out today to see how DriveTraffic can help with your Local SEO.