Outsourcing Google Ads: What You Need to Know
Outsourcing the day to day management of Google ads is the ideal business decision for some businesses at select points in time. A team of professionals that excel in digital marketing could help you grow a business more efficiently and without the need to take on a full-time employee during the building phase. Ideally a business can weave in and out of using an outsourced team as they require based on staffing within their own agency – it’s not an all or nothing approach!
From B2B operations that want their team members to focus on matters that cannot be easily outsourced to agencies that don’t yet have enough clients to justify a full time digital marketer (let alone finding one employee that excels in social media advertising, Google Ads and SEO!
Why outsource your Google Ads?
1. You’ll Save Time
Hiring a PPC agency to create and manage your Google Ads will help you focus on the core of your business. You won’t be forced to find time in your already full schedule for yet another responsibility!
For some clients we handle the entire strategy and implementation. For other clients, they want to tell us exactly what to do and we are their “feet on the ground” so to speak.
You don’t have to spend time finding, interviewing, hiring and training new employees every time you have turnover.
2. You Could Get Better Results
When you outsource your search engine advertising and hire a Google Ads expert like the team at DriveTraffic, you’ll know that you’re getting a professional who knows what they’re doing and has the track record to prove it.
In most organizations there is at most, one person devoted to paid search. At DriveTraffic, 2-3 people are involved in your campaign at any given time, including the company owner, Darlene. We select the team members to work on your account that are the right fit based on skills and previous experience. If one of our team members is going to be off for a couple of days, we have another team member that has been helping out with your account that will be able to step up and ensure everything is running well.
If we run into issues with performance, we have a (virtual) huddle and come up with new ideas to get back on track and/or move your business forward.
3. You’ll Save Money
There are multiple ways to save money with outsourcing:
- Engaging an agency will always cost less than hiring the equivalently skilled employee – before you even factor in costs like laptops and healthcare benefits!
- If you are trying to do Adwords yourself while running your business, it is very possible that you are wasting money in the form of ad spend – this is not your forte after all! We’ve seen companies spend $10K in a month and not get a single lead! We might determine that you do not need to bid on your company brand as you are sufficiently visible for your brand organically – this alone could save you money!
- We set up tracking so we know the cost of each keyword and which keyword(s) are generating new business for you so that we can decrease costs in areas that do not generate revenue.
How to Get the Most Out of Outsourcing
If you want a stress-free experience that provides you maximum ROI, you need to:
Find The Best Partner for You and Your Business
- Experience – have they dealt with company’s like yours? What problems did they face (e.g. certain industries are not allowed to bid on select keywords in some countries unless they have an exemption from Google – does your agency know how to deal with this?)
- Cost should not be a major factor – so long as the partner can generate leads that will cover the cost. Ask how long they expect it to take before this will happen.
Communication – some people prefer to work with a specific communication styles. Can this be accommodated? Would you prefer bi-weekly calls rather than monthly reports? Ask if this is available!
- Knowledgeable about SEO – you could get more bang for your buck if your outsourced partner is also familiar with SEO and social media advertising – they can suggest that some topics are better tackled from those channels than Search Ads.
- How to Measure Success – when it comes to SEO, we at DriveTraffic do not measure success by ranking position in Google. Instead, we focus on results – revenue, transactions, leads… whatever we agree to focus on. We measure traffic but only in relation to results – we know that not all traffic is of equal value!
- Expectations – Discuss your campaigns and strategies with your partners and set clear goals before you get started so you can understand what to expect. Some questions to ask:
- What can we expect in month 1? Month 2? Month 3?
- When might we understand the Return on Investment?
- How often do we receive reports and what do they contain?
Why outsource your Google Ads to DriveTraffic?
At DriveTraffic, we boast a team of Google certified professionals who work strategically to get the best results for your business.
We’re results-focused and you can always reach either me (Darlene- company owner) or the team. We will exchange emails and have additional calls if required.
When you hire DriveTraffic for your Google Ads, you’ll be dealing directly with me so you can enjoy excellent continuity of service with zero staff turnover as you often find with other agencies.
You’ll also receive a monthly report and call to review the results achieved for your business over the course of the month. This means you don’t need to get overwhelmed by the details and can focus on the core of your business, knowing that an expert is taking care of your PPC advertising.
If you require additional help with marketing projects such as landing pages and SEO, we would be only too happy to help. We work holistically which means these elements also feed into your overall business marketing performance.
What to Expect When You Hire DriveTraffic
When you start working with us, we’ll start by getting to know your business and discussing your expectations and your goals before planning, building, and launching your campaign. At the end of each designated period, we will conduct a review. Here’s what the process looks like, step by step:
- We ensure that we will be able to measure results of this marketing campaign and other traffic channels by doing the Google Dance. An added bonus of this step is that we will understand for which keywords your site is visible in Google at current time and we can use that to help with our research.
- We determine your campaign strategy and the keywords we will target. We tend to focus on intent based keywords for PPC and save the others for SEO.
- We start building the campaign within a structure that we know is highly converting
- This typically takes 2-3 weeks. If you have a larger account, we can at least launch the first campaign within a couple of weeks and continue building the remaining campaigns while optimizing the first one.
- Our work involves identifying keywords (negative and positive), creating the account structure, writing ads, setting up ad extensions along with a zillion other moving pieces!
- Once launched, we start the optimization process with the end goal of getting our first conversions.
- At the beginning of the next month, we’ll send you a report that will showcase month over month and year over year (if data is available) and schedule a call to review these results with you so that we are fully aligned, and you are comfortable with the direction we are heading.
Whether you’re just starting off, struggling to find your feet or you’re not satisfied with your current PPC results, outsource your Google Ads to DriveTraffic. We will provide all the support, continuity, and clarity you need to take your business the next level, completely stress-free.
Schedule a call