Improving user experience (UX) can give your e-commerce optimization efforts a significant boost. With many Canadians preferring to shop online and hundreds of companies jumping in the fray to get a piece of the pie, your online store faces more competition than you may realize. How do you attract and retain customers? The most effective way to do that is by providing your site visitors with a positive and satisfying experience.
Our UX experts share some valuable tips to drive measurable results for your e-commerce site:
- Use responsive web design: Your shoppers should be able to make purchases from any device supported by the Internet. A responsive design template helps ensure that all site features and functions work seamlessly on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Ensure your products and services are well-defined: If your visitors cannot decide what it is you do in ‘3 seconds’, they will move on. This could be one of the reasons for your high bounce rates.
- Prominently display for popular products: This creates an impression and helps builds your credibility. Shoppers want to know if you are trustworthy. Include customer reviews to seal the deal.
- Making navigation easy: You want customers to find what they are looking for easily. After all, convenience is their main reason for shopping online.
- Display contact information on every page: This shows that help is just a phone call or click away and adds to image as a dependable company.
- Simplify the checkout process: Studies report that shopping cart abandonment rate can be as high as 80%. Clear product information and pricing as well as shipping rates, common payment options, and assurance that transactions are secure, will help speed up the checkout process. Only ask shoppers for essential information. Lengthy forms are the bane of online shoppers.
Is your e-commerce website user-friendly?
At DriveTraffic, our digital marketing team works closely with you to achieve your business goals. We strive to go beyond simply generating site traffic to drive conversions. After evaluating your unique needs and circumstances, we will create your package accordingly.
We are a leading digital marketing agency in Canada and our professionals are happy to assist you with your e-commerce optimization efforts. Contact us today for more information.