How Utilizing SEO Best Practices can Increase Organic Traffic & Revenue
Real Estate / Property Sales & Rental
March – October 2020
The client is Australia-based.
During this time, the company dealt with the impact of the wildfires and COVID-19.
- This company hired me to help them increase organic results (website traffic, revenue, signups).
- This appeared like a difficult task because of what was happening at the time. Australia was dealing with the wildfires and the emergence of COVID-19. We needed to find a way to achieve organic results despite all the social noise around these real-life events that were occurring simultaneously.
- To increase organic traffic, we decided to implement SEO best practices on their website. We focused on underperforming pages in particular and optimized them.
– We cleaned up their website and made sure they had all of the necessary content that a potential customer would need.
– Incorporated Call to Actions on their website.
– Added and optimized images.
– Interlinked pages.
- We also created content that was related to what was going on in Australia. When we incorporated COVID-related content into our client’s website, we ended up appealing to new audiences, including landlords who were curious about tenants’ rights.
- I also brought in an individual who is specialized in conversion rate optimization to help us convert people who ended up on my client’s website.
While DriveTraffic was working to improve organic results, our client had also hired another company to focus on paid advertising. In a rare case, organic results exceeded paid.
By October 2020:
- The company increased revenue from organic traffic (51%). Other channels, including Google Ads, did not see an increase in revenue while organic did.
- Revenue was 4% higher in 2020 than in 2019. This is also a slight improvement from the month before which stood at 3%.
- Organic revenue was up 14% compared to 2018 and 2019.
Additional Key Performance Indicators Results (KPIs)
By October 2020:
- Signups were down 3% from the year before, but organic signups had increased by 10% while signups through paid search was -8%.
- 1st Property Adds were up 1% from 2019, but organic specifically was up 13%.
- Overall traffic in October 2020 was up 30% compared to the year before.
Through small SEO changes to our client’s website, we were able to achieve an increase in organic traffic and revenue even in a time of national turmoil.
Darlene Moore | Founder, DriveTraffic Digital Marketing
Let’s craft a strategy to bring potential customers to your website and increase revenue for your business!
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Handling out of stock items has long been a challenge for online stores but in today's COVID-19 pandemic, it is an even larger concern as so many businesses are running low on several products. There are multiple ways to look at "what is best" - is it what is best for...
Follow up – Easy to Use Checker for Google AI Changes to your Page TitleOn Wednesday, September 15, 2021, I shared information about Google using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to update your page titles. Since publishing that blog post, which contained a great tool (a...