In predictions for SEO in 2020, I break SEO down into content, technical and user experience. I include link building in the content aspect of SEO as fresh content creates new opportunities for other sites to link to your site.
The first opportunity is to simply ensure you have a link from your social profiles to your website. Here are the instructions on how to add those links within the following social profiles.
How to Link to Your Website From Facebook
When someone clicks on your name, they should see a link to your website!
Here are the steps to make that link:
- Log in to your Facebook account. Click on your name in the left-hand corner of your Facebook home page to access your profile.
- Click on the “Edit Bio or Profile” Button in the upper left-hand corner under your picture.
- The section will become editable. Copy and paste your entire website link into that area including the “http://” portion.
- Click the “Save Changes”.
- An additional link to your website can be added under the “About” section. Under the Overview section, you are provided with an option to update your contact information including other social profiles.
While you are at it, check any pages you’ve created on Facebook.
How to Link to Your Website From Instagram
Here is how you can create a link from your Instagram Bio to your website:
- Open your Instagram mobile app.
- Go to your profile by clicking on your picture in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the “Edit Profile” in the middle of the screen.
- You can add your website in the appropriate space using the full website address including the “http://”.
- Tap “Done” to save changes to your profile.
How to Link to Your Website From LinkedIn
On LinkedIn, there are multiple places to add your website address. The best option is in the introduction card on your profile – here is how you can make that update:
- Click the small picture of yourself where it says “Me” in the top toolbar.
- Click “View Profile”.
- Click “Contact Info” in the introductions card.
- A window will pop up – click the “Edit” icon.
- In that pop-up window – click “Add Website”.
- Copy & paste your full website address in the Website URL field.
- Choose the type of website you wish from the list that drops down. If you select “Other” from the list you can type in your own website title.
- Click “Save”.
Here’s a tip for our future link building: only one link from a domain (website) counts. So multiple links from Facebook (or other social profiles) to your website are not more valuable… BUT it could help people get to your site so that’s why we do multiple links (helping people is what user experience is all about).
Easy right? Many links are easy to acquire 🙂